Saturday, March 10, 2012

spring?

Despite it being March, we've headed back towards winter.

A cold snap.

And before the cold snap, there was rain, making for dreary days.

On Wednesday, the rain stopped but the sky was still an ugly grey.

Since I had been indoors during the rainy days, I wanted to get out and about, even if it was overcast.

I checked out Suigetsu Park and there were more ume (apricot) trees in bloom.

Spring is coming, though I think it is running a little late.

Hope it warms up soon.

I'm getting tired of wearing socks and long sleeves...

10 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

What gorgeous blossoms! I saw my first daffodil blooming in our yard...I think spring is teasing us, too :) Have a great weekend, Kat!

Japan-Australia said...

The Plum Blossoms are a great prelude to the beautiful Cherry Blossoms which should be at blooming towards the end of March with peak bloom of around April 6th in Osaka.


Japan Australia

momto8 said...

beautiful flowers! spring is coming here too...I got me seeds!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
Enjoy your weekend!

K and S said...

I hope our tulips come up soon too Lizzy!

Definitely J-A!

yeah momto8! you have a great blog too!

Take care everyone.
Kat

jalna said...

Pretty!

K and S said...

can't wait for the cherry blossoms Jalna :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I hear you on the getting out, even if the weather is kinda ugly. Tired of winter!

K and S said...

cold snap is definitely back on over here Rowena, so on go the socks :(

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Pretty photos Kat! Hopefully it warms up there soon. ;-)

K and S said...

hope so too Deb, we had snow yesterday :p

Take care.
Kat