Friday, July 04, 2014

world beer museum

Last Saturday, I was waiting for Satoshi to finish his German class.

While I was waiting, I roamed around looking for somewhere for us to eat lunch at and came upon...World Beer Museum.

Their menu is extensive...they have many beers on tap as well as in bottles.

Their food...so-so.

I ordered a Pike Stout...280 milliliters.

I liked the smokiness and punch it had.

Satoshi had the Spaten Münchner Hell (which I think is their premium lager)...300 milliliters.

We also shared their original salad...this was so-so. I think it could've been served without the oily, stale chip-like thingies.

The currywurst was delicious though...I like how the sausages in Japan all have "snap", this is also served with some potatoes.

We also ordered their onion ring tower.

It was at this point that Satoshi also ordered the Franziskaner WeissBier...500 milliliters.

Pretty pricey for lunch. Most beers start at 850 yen and most food items at 750 yen.

There is also a 10% service charge.

I liked the interior and it was interesting trying to explain some of the signage to Satoshi in Japanese, which kinda lost its punch in translation.

Still, we were happy to try this place and are interested in checking out the World Wine Museum which is right across...we'll be back.

World Beer Museum
Grand Front Osaka North Building B1F
Umeda, Osaka
Phone: 06.6371.6968 
Hours: 11:30-23:00, open when Grand Front is

7 comments:

Marie said...

I love that the beer and wine museum are near each other! :)

Rowena said...

I hope you check the wine museum and soon. Now I wanna make onion rings for tonights hot dog dinner ^-^

K and S said...

am wondering if they share the same menu, Marie...

me too, Rowena, ooh I wanna come over for dinner at your house :)

Take care you two!
Kat

Rowena said...

The invite is always open!

K and S said...

arigato Rowena :)

Take care!
Kat

K said...

Yum the currywurst looks great!

K and S said...

It was good, K!
Take care.
Kat