Friday, July 31, 2015

korakudo

The weather has been really miserably gross. Yesterday, the humidity (and probably the sun) made the heat index go as high as 39C (102F)...gah!

Have you ever taken "hot yoga"? I've not, but can imagine it feels just like the day we had yesterday.

Still, I walked to the market to pick up some groceries...we still gotta eat, right?!

As I was walking to the market, the sign in front of Korakudo caught my eye..."fresh peach daifuku"...

Have you had Japanese peaches?! They are the white variety and when they are perfectly ripe, you can peel the skins off the fruit without a knife.

The flesh itself is juicy and sweet.

So good chilled...I think this is the first summer Satoshi and I have eaten so many peaches. Sometimes for breakfast Satoshi and I share a peach and stand near the kitchen sink eating it because of all the drippy juices.

Anyway, back to the daifuku. This is a piece of peach surrounded by some sweet white bean paste and a very soft mochi.

It was my first time purchasing this particular daifuku.

I liked it, the piece of peach was a nice size and the daifuku went perfectly with the green tea based fruit tea that I cold brewed.

This shop doesn't disappoint.

It's the end of July and it's Friday, I hope you have a nice weekend!

6 comments:

KirkK said...

Man, that's hot Kat! Hoping you get some relief soon.

KirkK said...

Oh, and the Missus did Bikram Yoga for almost a decade....I tried once. It was so hot.....folks were just releasing...well, lets just say the smells weren't very nice.

K said...

Yum, this looks so good!

K and S said...

eew Kirk...

it was K :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

I hope those peaches make it here one day becaue I would love to see a peel-able variety in the markets.

39°C - argh...I feel for you Kat.

K and S said...

I hope you get to taste these soon Rowena! The weather here is definitely evil...

Take care:)
Kat