Friday, August 14, 2015

brug bakery & honolulu kitchen

Since I was near Ala Moana Shopping Center the other day, I stopped in to pick up some of Brug Bakery's baked items. Apparently this bakery is popular in Sapporo, Hokkaido.

I tried the sukiyaki pan, thinly sliced beef that is seasoned in shoyu, sugar and mirin. I was surprised that they didn't skimp on the amount of beef in there. Their melon pan was delicious too with the crisp cookie topping.

They are a bit pricey but I think have good quality and very similar to the types that we see in Japan.

And when I was in Waipahu the yesterday, I picked up some savory mini manapua from Honolulu Kitchen.

I think the people working behind the counter need to be a little more forgiving to first time customers, maybe taking out more time to explain the "drill".

Other than that, their deep fried char siu and spicy pork mini manapua were delicious.

Eaten soon after they were fried, the outside is lighter than when I tried them a day later.

I'll be back to both.

Brug Bakery
Shirokiya, Ala Moana Center
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: 808.973.9190
Hours: Mondays-Saturdays 8:00-21:00, Sundays 8:00-19:00

6 comments:

K said...

Yum, everything looks great!

jalna said...

Ooooh, now for sure I wanna try Honolulu Kitchen.

K and S said...

everything was good K!

only junk thing is the traffic Jalna!

Take care you two:)
Kat

Rowena said...

I figured sooner or later you were gonna run into some "attitude"! geez, some people....!

KirkK said...

Wow, you sure are eating well!

K and S said...

Rowena...I know!

Trying to eat through my list not enough time, Kirk!

Take care:)
Kat