Friday, August 21, 2015

lee's & scratch

Last year I raved about the transfer system on the bus here.

So far on this trip home, I've ridden the bus twice.

On one of my trips, I stopped off in Chinatown to pick up a custard tart from Lee's.

The price went up from $1 to $1.25, still relatively cheap and still delicious.

And then I stopped into Scratch Kitchen and Bake Shop to purchase this peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie..$2.75

At least they don't make you buy 3 now...loved the amount of peanut butter and chocolate in there, super rich!

Both were great for breakfast.

The weather is still hot and very humid in Hawaii with hurricanes/tropical depressions coming around almost every week...gah!

I've been hearing from friends in Osaka that it is getting cooler in early mornings and evenings, guess Autumn is approaching...

5 comments:

jalna said...

I rarely go into Chinatown, much less Smith Street, but I really wanna try those cookies!

K said...

That cookie looks delicious!

K and S said...

you should call them before going down Jalna, I think they change the types of cookies every so often.

it was K:)

Take care you two!
Kat

Rowena said...

I've heard so much about the hurricanes like it was going out of style!, and yes, autumn is definitely approaching here too - chestnut season should be really good this year.

K and S said...

the humidity is krazy Rowena! we don't have a/c at my parent's house, so it has been super uncomfortable.

Hope all is well over there!

Take care.
Kat