Sunday, June 05, 2016

amazing

The delivery system in Japan is quite amazing.

You can order things online and receive them usually the next day or sometimes even the same day!

A friend asked me to order some things from the Disney store, they have items that aren't sold in the US.

After ordering, I received an email, but my address number wasn't listed.

I wondered if I had forgot to put it on the order form.

I called the number on their website and got no help from the girl on the other end.

She said, "when we send you the "your order is being sent" mail you should contact the delivery guy and check with him if your address number is on their form"...sigh.

Dunno why they even have a call center...

So I got the "your order is being sent" mail...well, it didn't tell me which delivery service they were using, BUT gave me info for the three that they use...sigh.

I went to each site and popped in the delivery number that was on my email.

When I finally found the delivery service they were using, I kept an eye on the status of my order.

When I checked the site later that day, it noted that the item was "out for delivery", so I figured it must have my address number on there and didn't bother to call.

In the end, the delivery guy delivered it to me without the address number.

I guess I've ordered online from other places enough for them to "know me"

He did give me a warning of remembering to put my address number on the next time.

I know it is partly my fault for not checking the info, but the Disney store should have some sort of flag on their website whenever an address does not have address numbers.

Still, I am in awe of the delivery service in Japan.

8 comments:

KirkK said...

Whew.....good things turned out ok, Kat!

jalna said...

No address number, but you still got it? That IS amazing!

Kay said...

Hello there! I just stopped by from Jalna's blog. I've always loved the Takkyubin service in Japan. Incredibly efficient.

K and S said...

I know Kirk!

Jalna, krazy yeah?!

Thanks for stopping by Kay :) the takkyubin service is too efficient that it makes everyone else look bad.

Take care everyone.
Kat

Rowena said...

it just cracks me up when your posts revolve around business and/or delivery-related idiocies. these guys shoule KNOW better if they want repeat business, how can they not flag a warning if any one of the required fields is a blank?

K and S said...

it was weird Rowena, hopefully will never have to order from them again.

Take care.
Kat

K said...

I'm glad it made it to you safely even with all the trouble!

K and S said...

krazy yeah, K?!

Take care.
Kat