Monday, June 27, 2016

katsuretsu-tei

Saturday, we reconnected with Katsuretsu-tei.

This tiny katsu (cutlet) shop was one of the first places we tried when we moved to Ishibashi in 2001 (pre-blog).

Yup, it's been THAT long since we went back...

Satoshi ordered their mix fry (an assortment of fried items...fish, shrimp & pork).

This came with a salad, miso soup and rice.

When the weather is warm, I don't really like soup, so I ordered the chicken katsu curry with cheese and a mini salad.

Man, that salad was huge! a whole cucumber and tons of cabbage.

The curry was huge too.

I don't remember the servings being that huge...I do have a feeling that it is due to the fact that we live near the Osaka University.

Most eateries like to cater to the students by giving a lot of food for a reasonable price.

While this was delicious, the katsu cooked perfectly and the cheese oozy. I realize that I enjoy a lighter batter coating.

Satoshi helped me eat most of this...we'll be back, but next time we're sharing...

Katsuretsu-tei
1-1-11 Ishibashi
Ikeda, Osaka
Phone: 072.762.5751
Closed Sundays
Hours: 11:00-22:00

6 comments:

Dennis said...

Nice Kat! I really miss a good katsu shop.

K and S said...

Thanks Dennis :) hope you get to have some good katsu soon!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Good thing Satoshi was there for clean-up duty, yeah?

K and S said...

I know Kirk!

Take care :)
Kat

K said...

Ooh looks so good!

K and S said...

it was good K, just way too much food!

Take care.
Kat