Thursday, March 28, 2019

sakura walk

Tuesday the weather was dreary, rainy...

Yesterday the weather was forecast for sun, in fact the only day this week with a sun mark...so I packed a bento (karaage, shungiku (edible chrysanthemum leaves), ninjin shirishiri (grated carrots), cucumber marinated with yukari furikake and a sakura musubi.

My first stop was Rikugien...the line to get in was super long! but I'm glad it moved quite quickly.

The shidarezakura (weeping cherry) was beautiful and HUGE.

Short video...here.

The trees in front of the JR Komagome Station were beautiful and HUGE too.

Senzokuike was disappointing...not many trees in bloom.

There were lots of people here and there...I was lucky to find an empty bench to sit on and eat my lunch.

Sakurazaka had some blooms but had just started.

Sakurazaka from another angle.

Then I walked about 2 kilometers (1.2 miles) along the Tamagawa where there are lots of sakura trees.

Hope to try again next week when more trees should be in bloom...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what did the sign the man was hold say? No hanami partying? keep moving? :)
Crowd didn't look too bad there, though. Not like Ueno on a weekend Gaaah!
So exciting to be able to check out all these places!

BTW, I found some shiroan at Marukai. It doesn't look as white as the do yourself videos/pix but just going to try mixing in some sakura. I think I'll try with baked pie crust type outside. Hah, was even thinking of stuffing a croissant.
v

K and S said...

V, He was like, "no crouching to take photos", "don't touch the flowers"...lots of the tourists, pull the flowers off the trees! hope your sakura manju comes out!

Take care!
Kat

jalna said...

So cool your life.

jenny said...

I love the pictures of the cherry blossoms but I loved the picture of your homemade bento more! the little sakura in the riceballs, beautiful little detail!

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna, I am enjoying myself too :)

Thanks Jenny :)

Take care you two.
Kat