Tuesday, March 26, 2019

things I'm liking (disliking)

Been awhile since I did a post like this...tried Mr Waffle's sakura waffle..meh!

Too much syrup (probably maple) not enough sakura flavor.

Himmel's sakura anpan...bummer...the only thing that was sakura about this anpan were the two sakura flowers on top.

Other sakura anpan that I have tried from other places usually make their filling from white bean paste, then mix in chopped up salted sakura flowers and salted sakura leaves.

On the other hand, Himmel's chu chu, a tiny pretzel formed in the shape of a mouse was tasty.

In Japan, mice "say" chu chu unlike the mice in the US that "squeak"...

Patisserie Asako Iwayanagi's dark chocolate covered dried kaki (persimmon) was so good!

The dried kaki was sweet and the dark chocolate was a nice balance.

And the kaki was super HUGE about the size of my palm!

What are you enjoying these days?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoying Envy Apples, Sumo oranges (dekopon).
That sakura anpan sounds so delish, the one with the white bean with salted sakura flowers. I wonder if I could find some here?. Maybe I could make my own...buy the anpan or manju with white bean and slice it open and sprinkle some salted sakura flowers...Voila! hehehe
v

K and S said...

V, I wonder if Brug or Watanabe Bakery would have?! or maybe you can come back to Japan next week?!

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

I love the scent of salted sakura flowers.

Anonymous said...

ok, see you tuesday! LOL

Anonymous said...

I just googled sakura anpan recipe (duh). Maybe I can try!
v

Rowena said...

that chu chu pretzel! so cute!!!!

K and S said...

Me too Jalna!

lol Anon!

ooh hope it turns out good V!

Rowena and tasty!

Take care everyone.
Kat

KirkK said...

Snacking out Kat! ;o)

K and S said...

Kirk, and then some!

Take care.
Kat