Friday, March 29, 2019

sakura walk

Yesterday, the weather was forecast for clouds, but luckily there was a brief moment of sun.

Since the news had mentioned that the Sumida River area was in full bloom, I went to check it out.

The view from the Kototoi Bridge was pretty!

And luckily, not very crowded.

I walked from Asakusa to Pelican Bakery but they were already sold out.

I then walked to their cafe where the wait was krazy.

I realized I was near Kuramae and went to Dandelion Chocolate.

I stopped in for a dulce de leche bar and some cacao nib cold brew...it was nice to sit for a while.

In the same area is Ambika, an Indian spice shop, where I picked up some snacks.

And down the street is my favorite store, Shimojima, where I picked up some muffin papers.

I used to visit the one near Shinsaibashi in Osaka, so it was my first time going to this shop since moving to Tokyo.

Coming back, I got a bit mixed up on the trains but glad I figured out where I needed to be.

Hope to get out and about tomorrow even though the forecast is cloudy.

2 comments:

KirkK said...

It's great that you got to enjoy the Sakura without the crowds.

K and S said...

Kirk, I'm glad there weren't too many people too :)

Take care.
Kat