Wednesday, March 06, 2019

setoka

Recently "my taster" (Satoshi) picked out an orange called Setoka.

They were giving out samples at the market, so you know what he was doing...

These were super sweet! (though some have seeds)

I was impressed with this...

A QR code on their label...if you aim your smartphone at it, it should take you to see their You Tube video.

I added the link just in case your phone doesn't...this video is in Japanese and I hope there aren't any region restrictions.

I was also amazed with what the fruit goes through before being sold in our markets...

I'm glad we tried this.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if we saw these along the way, like at Sogabessho or Kawazu. They had lots of different types of oranges, but I only recognize dekopon. The ones in this video look so good.
I was disappointed with the last dekopon I bought too, not too much flavor...was yours tastier? I got them from a supermarket at the train station in Mito.
v

K and S said...

Actually V, I squeezed the dekopon along with some blood oranges...seemed okay though, wasn't sour.

Take care & thank you again!
Kat

jalna said...

Satoshi did good! Talking about dekopan . . . I just bought a couple of my favorite Sumo oranges at Times. They were juicy but a tiny bit sour.

K and S said...

He really did, Jalna! hope you'll be able to get some sweet Sumo oranges!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Nice find Satoshi!

K and S said...

Kirk, he's good at tasting :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I was surprised to see the trees growing in a greenhouse!

K and S said...

Rowena, krazy yeah?! and that is how they grow mangoes in Okinawa & Miyazaki too! The trees are short and only fruit super little bit but supposedly high quality...

Take care.
Kat