Monday, March 08, 2021

this and that

Tuesday, the weather was rainy and windy.

So windy, I thought we were in the midst of a typhoon.

Wednesday was Hinamatsuri (Girl's Day).

You could see many dolls displayed here and there.

Huge jinchoge (daphne) bush (left) and jade plant (right) in front of someone's home.

I love the fragrance of daphne, it is kind of strong like tuberose.

I passed by this door and window shop and they had this homemade door made from all sorts of pieces of wood.
I bought us some sakura mochi from Okuniya for Girl's Day.

The "bumpy" looking one is made from Domyoji-ko and is Kansai style (West Japan).

The smooth looking one is Kanto style (East Japan).

I've written about this before here.

Dinner was sushi...I bought these temarizushi (balls of sushi).

It looks like Tokyo's state of emergency will be extended since our numbers have not gone lower than 300.

The temperature has flip-flopped from very warm to very fahreezing.

Stay safe and have a nice weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

On girls day, I tried to go to Yamato Kansai at 99 Ranch in Mapunapuna. Big mistake. There must have been 10-12 people standing in line so I left and went to Minamoto Kitchoan at Ala Moana. No line but kind of expensive and really tiny so I could only get a box of 6 but they did give a free one as a promotion. I like their Kanto style, almost like bota mochi with the rice grains still formed and just love the salty sweet taste.
v

Anonymous said...

oops, I meant Kansai style
v

K and S said...

V, Minamoto Kitchoan is so expensive!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Looks good Kat. Hope the weather stabilizes.

Rowena said...

flip-flopping numbers too eh? I think they'll put us on red alert soon; there is just no way out of it.

K and S said...

I hope so too Kirk!

yeah Rowena, I don't think we can get our numbers down any lower...

Take care you two.
Kat