Tuesday, March 02, 2021

tik tok hack spam musubi thingy

Are you on Tik Tok? We aren't but I had been seeing this hack (using a tortilla) being reposted on Instagram.

Anyway, I was inspired by blog friend, Jenny of "Maybe It's Jenny" who recently posted about her spam musubi tik tok hack.
And decided to try...

Probably just me, but I felt that you cannot put too many things in here.

I'm glad I tried this but will stick to making onigirazu if I want to use a whole piece of nori.

Thanks Jenny.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I'm thinking same as you. Even when I tried making a soft taco, can't put too much filling or incredibly messy so all you're pretty much tasting is the tortilla. Also, the videos I did see used palstic wrap to hold things together, much like onigrazu.
Even with the nori, maybe I gotta experiment with packing the rice more, and less other stuff.
still, was fun to try. Still haven't perfected my onigazu too but I think it's the stuffing and have to wrap it in paper or plastic.
v

K and S said...

V, maybe we should just make LOTS of small musubi yeah?! lol

Take care:)
Kat

Rowena said...

with you on the onigirazu...that 'thingy' is a bastardization of things (too much!).

K and S said...

Rowena, high five!

Take care:)
Kat

jenny said...

lol, while I continue to make the tortilla one, I haven't made the spam musubi one since then! while the extra nori is nice...you are right...no can fit that much inside!

K and S said...

Jenny...I wonder if you put all rice and fillings on each square you could fit more on there...hmm

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Looks ono. I like how your rice glistens. Must be good kine.

K and S said...

Jalna, I always try to look for rice that doesn’t cost too much. I pay about $10 for 5 pounds, there are others that cost double the price and higher.

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

That's interesting Kat.....

K and S said...

Kirk, the little things to do during this pandemic:)

Take care.
Kat