Monday, July 26, 2021

daimaruya

Last week, I ordered a 10 package tasting set from Daimaruya, a store that sells hoshiimo (dried sweet potato) which we visited back in 2019.

If I am not mistaken, all the varieties are grown in Ibaraki.

The fun part of this set is that you do not know what varieties you will receive.

I like how fast it was delivered.

We ordered it on Monday, paid the for it at the post office on Wednesday and received our order on Thursday.

Daimaruya does not take credit card payments for their online store, so the only junk part was to have to pay for it at the post office.

Unlike post offices in the US, Japan's post offices have their own bank services.

If we had a bank account at the post office, we could have gotten a discount on the handling fee for these dried sweet potatoes.

I'm looking forward to trying all the different varieties.

I've put most of these packages into the freezer and will take them out for us to snack on.
After we eat through all of these, I'll make an account at the post office so we can order more dried sweet potatoes.




What are you enjoying these days?
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when I walked a portion of the Nakasendo trail, one of the farmhouses had a basket of hosiimo set out on a table with a sign ¥100
I still regret not buying more. Was so good!
V

K and S said...

hope you can get some when you visit V!

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Looking back at your linked previous posts, I would love to go back to Hitachi Seaside Park and go to those places you referred to. We just went to the park and back to Tokyo. I also think we were a week short of full color and full bloom for the cosmos although it was something to see.
LOL, I don't think my friends would go back unless I bribe them with all the good restaurants in the area.
v

K and S said...

The station we stopped off at for lunch is the same one for the hoshiimo, V!

Take care:)
Kat

Rowena said...

it's like foodie christmas! wow, I love all of the varieties and look forward to your reviews.

KirkK said...

That's quite a collection Kat!

K and S said...

Had to do it Rowena:)

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

It is nice Kirk:)

Take care.
Kat