Wednesday, July 07, 2021

vege & spice's all spice granola

Tried a new granola recipe from this book..."Vege & Spice"

It is similar to the granola recipe that I normally use except that it adds coconut oil, coconut and all spice.

All spice granola : adapted from "Vege & Spice"

1/2 cup oatmeal
handful nuts
handful pumpkin seeds
3 pinches of sweetened coconut
1 tablespoons coconut oil
1.5 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon all spice (powder)

Chop nuts
In a bowl add the oatmeal, pumpkin seeds and coconut
Add the nuts
Heat the oil until it liquifies and mix with the dry ingredients
Add the maple syrup and mix well
Add the all spice and mix well.
Heat the oven to 160C (325F), bake for about 25 minutes
Cool and keep in air tight container

NOTES: this was delicious, I will use this recipe a couple more times so I can use more of the coconut oil I have in my fridge
 
maybe add cacao nibs, which I like to use whenever I make granola.

The original recipe adds raisins which you can add, I didn't because it tends to get hard when baked.

4 comments:

jalna said...

Looks good!!!

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna:)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Nice recipe Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk:)

Take care.
Kat