Tuesday, July 06, 2021

songbird bakery

A new bakery, Songbird Bakery, opened up on July 1st.

Since it has been raining, we finally got to check them out on Sunday.

We tried their baguette, cinnamon cube, curry pan and chocolatne.

Everything was delicious!

I really liked the baguette, which (i think) was a sourdough base.

It was yeasty and crusty...delicous.

The cinnamon cube was brioche based with just the right amount of cinnamon. 

And the glaze was sweet but not overly sweet.

The curry pan's curry filling was spicy but not too spicy.

I also liked that this was baked and not fried like most curry pan is.

The chocolatne was super chocolatey…love!

Most of their breads are what the Japanese call the "hard" type, where it has a crusty outside.

We look forward to trying their other items.

We'll be back!

Songbird Bakery

1-2-12 Nishi Kamata

Ota, Tokyo

Hours: 10:30-18:00

check Instagram for days off

6 comments:

Rowena said...

oooooh, give me crust if you must (geez, my head is in rhymes this morning). I was wondering, what's the size of that cinnamon cube? I have one on my Amazon list that is roughly 4.5 by 4.5 inches - is that about right?

Anonymous said...

crusty bread! Yummmmm!

I kept looking at the curry pan at Dell's Bakery and Kitchen here and finally figured out why it looks weird. They must bake theirs too. I've been wanting to do that thing you posted about...putting lettuce and tomato with little dressing. That was really ono!
v

K and S said...

V, I like baked curry pans, not as greasy. hope you can try some:)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

It's so nice that you're finding all of these places to check out Kat!

K and S said...

Glad we have been able to explore Kirk:)

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

this is about 3 inches or 4 inches squared Rowena.

Take care!
Kat