Monday, July 19, 2021

shishito

1st time cooking with shishito peppers...where have I been?!

On Saturday, I wanted to make skewers and needed another veggie.

When I walked into the market, this packet of shishito was staring at me.

On top of that the price was nice...100 yen!

These peppers were on the small side but easy to use.

The other skewers were tomato with pork belly and ume shiso pork belly rolls.

On Sunday I served this with some grilled lamb.

I still have a little left so will use them for our dinner tonight.

It is a holiday today, Umi no hi (Ocean Day)...5 days until the Olympics and boy! are there all sorts of problems arising.

Have a nice week.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hoo boy, sure wish I could be there for this dinner. I love shishito and ume shiso rolls! That's a great way to grill them, on skewers. So izakaya :)

Had a bunch of friends who had booked trips to Japan for Olympics and even after. all their trips were canceled. so far, only the 2 who have tickets for November haven't been canceled (yet)!
v

Anonymous said...

oh, and a friend told me a cook dark chocolate hack. If you have that pink himalayan salt, sprinkle some on that dark chocolate. Supposed to be the bomb!
v

K and S said...

hoping we all can travel in november v!

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

V, I have heard of sea salt on dark chocolate, but pink himalayan salt also sounds good!

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Your peppers look good. And so cheap too! My sisters have been on a shishito kick lately. We've been getting them at the swap meet!

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna, hope to buy more soon:)

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

I've only heard good things about shishito peppers so lucky you; not so lucky on the Olympics....Tokyo is in the news a lot over here lately - just gotta shake my head.

KirkK said...

The Missus loves shishito peppers! I also use them to replace padron peppers for Spanish dishes as well.

K and S said...

The count of infected Olympians has also been rising Rowena :(

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

Man sometimes we came upon some really spicy ones Kirk:p

Take care!
Kat