Monday, November 15, 2021

shibuya

Friday, I went to Shibuya.

My first stop was to buy some bagels from Tecona Bagel Works.

The shop is teeny and they only allow 4 people in at one time.

I purchased a salted butter bagel and a cheese with szechuan pepper bagel.

I also purchased their carrot cake.

(Since Satoshi went out for drinks Friday night, I had the szechuan cheese bagel with wine.

The numbing pepper didn’t match too well with wine but overall was tasty after I toasted it.

The carrot cake was more like carrot bread and was moist and delicious.)

(We enjoyed the salted butter bagel the next morning toasted with avocado and everything seasoning)

From Tecona, I walked back to Shibuya to have lunch at Usagi.

During the pandemic, they moved from their original space to a smaller space.

I thought the original space had so much character with all the vines growing on the outside of the building. (this is a photo of the original space)

After being seated I had to use a QR code to order…I had thought they had taco rice on their Friday lunch menu but didn’t, so I ended up choosing their roast beef bowl…and then I waited almost 30 minutes for my lunch to come out!

Bummed that the roast beef wasn’t sliced thin, it wasn’t tender AND it was ice cold!

um, if you just had to take it out of the refridge, I think I could have been served sooner…

The shop is popular for avocado, you can add it at no extra cost to almost any meal…so I did.

I think their menu has changed during the pandemic because a lot of items I had previously seen on their website is no longer there...

Not sure I’ll be back but I’m glad I tried this place.

After lunch I went to check out Miyashita Park which opened last year.

4 story shopping complex, restaurants and a large park on the roof that runs alongside of the Yamanote train line.

Beside the park, there is also a beach volleyball court, skateboard area and rock climbing area.

It’s also a great place to sit and chat (I think the arches are used to run tarp over during rain.)

13181…the weather has been great.

Usagi

2-14-15 Shibuya

Shibuya, Tokyo

Phone: 03.5778.3200

Hours: 11:30-16:00 (lunch), 18:00-22:30 (dinner)

5 comments:

Rowena said...

oooooh, cheese with szechuan pepper bagel?! I must keep that in mind when I head back to my f-i-l's; next month on the 11th is have a bagel day ^-^

Anonymous said...

I was interested in the cheese and szechuan pepper bagel. Must have been supper spicy. Beer would have gone better?
Sadly, haven't been to the Miyashita Park because of travel restrictions but really hoping to see it. The weather looked gorgeous. They had so many barricades and construction walls up last time I went almost 3 years ago!
They should have advertised the roast beef as a cold cut dish. and 30 minutes? I feel there are a couple of popular Japanese restaurants that take more than 20 minutes to get your order here so was trying to decide if it was to prove everything was made to order, but cold roast beef would have really irked me.
v

K and S said...

Rowena, the szechuan pepper was mixed with cheese in the middle and more cheese on top when baked!

V, hoping we can all travel abroad soon!

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

Szechuan cheese bagel!!! Not quite sure about that Kat. Too bad about the roast beef.

K and S said...

aw Kirk it was tasty just not with wine:)

Take care!
Kat