Wednesday, November 03, 2021

spice cereal

Tried a new (to me) recipe for spice cereal (granola) by Oxymoron.

I only made half the recipe and adapted it to what I had on hand.

75 grams mixed nuts
25 grams pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons ground flax seed
125 grams oatmeal
pinch fennel seeds 

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground clove
1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom

35 grams oil
85 grams honey
25 grams brown sugar

Lightly crush the fennel seeds
Roughly chop the nuts
Put the oil, honey & sugar in a pot on medium and mix, when it starts to bubble and sugar is melted, take off the heat
Preheat oven to 140C (275F)
Coat oatmeal, flax seed, nuts and spices with honey mixture
Spread out on parchment and bake for 1 hour.
After 1 hour, open oven door to let moisture out
Bake for another 20 minutes
Cool and keep in airtight container

NOTES: this was so good with yogurt or just for munching

The original recipe called for some whole wheat flour but I didn't have any so I used some ground flax seed

I think I cooked the honey mixture a little too long because I ended up with “clumps” instead of “granola”

Next time I think I will add a little more dry spices

I will make this again 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love granola on ice cream!
v

K and S said...

V,on ice cream sounds ono!

Take care!
Kat

jalna said...

Looks so good!

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna:)

Take care.
Kat