Monday, November 01, 2021

kaki namasu

Another recipe I tried from Shirogohan...kaki namasu.

I like the idea of putting fruit into the namasu.

Hopefully I can find fresh kaki for new years, so I can put some into our namasu.

1/2 kaki, peeled then sliced into thin strips

1/4 daikon, peeled

1 carrot, peeled

1/2 teaspoon salt

Namasu marinade

6 tablespoons dashi (stock)

4 tablespoons vinegar

2.5 tablespoons sugar

Julienne daikon and carrot

Add salt and massage, set aside for 10 minutes

Mix sauce and stir until sugar dissolves

After 10 minutes squeeze out the water from the carrot and daikon

Pour the sauce over the veggies and add the sliced kaki

Mix well and chill before serving

NOTES: I used the food processor and shredded the daikon and carrot

I thought adding stock to the namasu marinade was different but it adds lots of flavor

Super easy to put together and tasty

I would definitely make this again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a pretty dish. without the kaki, almost like the vietnamese pickled carrot and daikon.
Kaki is finally hitting the markets here in abundance, like now $1.89/lb.
v

K and S said...

V, namasu is similar to vietnamese pickled carrot & daikon, yeah?! glad the price of kaki is getting lower for you.

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Looks interesting Kat!

K and S said...

Kirk, different yeah?

Take care.
Kat