Thursday, February 24, 2022

biang biang men

Have you eaten biang biang men?

I have been wanting to try it after seeing it on someone’s Instagram, so I was glad to find them the other day while browsing Kaldi.
The kanji (chinese character) for biang has 57 or 58 strokes?! like art yeah?! (picture from wikipedia)

I like saying "biang biang" 

I served this for our Sunday dinner.

The only p.i.t.a. thing is that you need a tall pot to boil these l-o-n-g wide noodles in.

AND you cannot throw everything in at once when the water boils, you gotta put them in one by one and make sure they don't stick to each other...

I did this in 2 frying pans...so I was kinda going krazy trying to unstick the noodles...

I added some steamed chinese cabbage, cabbage and sugar snap peas.

It comes with a szechuan pepper and oyster sauce packet but I also added some spicy pork that I had in the freezer.

This was delicious.

The noodles are thick, chewy and hard to slurp.

Still, I enjoyed this and would get it again if I see it at Kaldi.

4 comments:

jalna said...

That looks so ono to me!! And who is the masochist person who came up with that kanji? Whyyyyyyyy?

K and S said...

Jalna, krazy yeah?!

Take care!
Kat

Anonymous said...

you had me at thick chewy noodles that are hard to slurp!
I gotta go Chinatown and see if they have something like this either in the stores or restaurants.
v

K and S said...

hope you can find some V!

Take care.
Kat