Monday, February 28, 2022

on a walk

Been enjoying the store fronts on our walks...most are barber shops

Look how teeny the delivery car is for 7-eleven...
We've gone past this arare shop several times...I think they may be out of business since we've never seen them open...
We checked out Nichieido Bakery...we purchased their fried shrimp, yakisoba, curry pan, chocolate coronet and rock cake...everything was a little over baked....
I ate the curry pan...it was filled nicely with curry from end to end.

A little oily but still delicious.
I also ate the rock cake...it really was on the harder side luckily not as hard as rock…it was like a biscuit with raisins.

I don't know if we'll be back, but it was nice to try them.

I love the look of this chinese restaurant and hope to eat here when our number go down and our boosters kick in...

Nichieido Bakery
6-3-2 Omorinishi
Ota, Tokyo
Phone: 03.3761.5991
Closed Sundays
Hours: 6:30-19:00

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

remember you had a curry pan that you stuffed lettuce and tomato with some caesar dressing?
I really enjoyed doing that now that's the only way I like curry pan. Fake sort kinda healthy. LOL
v

Saburo said...

FYI I remember an old show hosted by Matsuko Deluxe that featured oden sold at the most-popular conbini. All of the stores had great variety and cheap as hell.

I swear: next visit to Japan I'm hitting an oden restaurant!

K and S said...

we don’t go to many bakeries as often since Satoshi like rice, V, hope to get back to that bakery soon:)

Saburo, different areas of Japan have their own oden, we tried Shizuoka oden when we visited there 2 years ago.

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

I guess calling it "rock cake" wasn't false advertising Kat! ;o)

K and S said...

Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat