Tuesday, June 07, 2022

torikyu

Tried Torikyu's tokusei bento on Saturday...800 yen (tax included)

It comes with a negima yakitori (chicken stick with leeks), chicken katsu, karaage (fried chicken), tsukune (chicken meat ball) and potato simmered in a shoyu mirin sauce.

This was filling and delicious.

The katsu was a little dry because I think they use breast meat…everything else was delicious.

The potato and tsukune was so so good...sweet salty and super tender.

The back story:  I wanted to try their nori bento but they didn't have it on this day.

So, while standing in line I was going to get my favorite, the kiji bento instead which is grilled chicken, but the lady in front of me bought all that they had left! (which was 2 bentos)...boo!

Having to think quickly as to what to order, I tried something different, their tokusei bento.

I'm glad I did because now I know how ono their karaage, potato and tsukune is.

2 comments:

KirkK said...

Mmmmm Tsukune! Been ages since I've had a decent version!

K and S said...

hope you get some decent tsukune soon Kirk!

Take care.
Kat