Tuesday, January 24, 2023

sigh

Saturday before we went out to do errands, I gave Satoshi a bag of stuff to put in the garbage area (a little room near the parking stalls) of our apartment building 

After he came out I gave him my empty bags for us to use when we did some grocery shopping after our other errands.

First off, Satoshi wanted to update his bank passbook (yes Japan still uses passbooks!), so we stopped at the ATM, then we went looking for a particular white envelope.

After looking at a 100 yen shop and 2 convenience stores, we finally found the envelope at a different 100 yen store, and went to send something for his friend whose husband had passed away suddenly.

(The reason we needed a special envelope was the letter that Satoshi wanted to send said friend couldn’t be folded into "fourths"…Japanese death superstitions/etiquette)

Then we went to the cell phone shop so Satoshi could ask them about his cell phone.

It was then that I realized he wasn’t carrying the empty bags I gave him.

So we retraced our steps and still couldn’t find the bags.

And ended up walking all the way back home because I still needed bags to go grocery shopping and guess what we found on the sidewalk near our apartment…

the bags!

At least we found them but it was so weird that I hadn’t noticed he dropped the bags soon after giving it to him nor did he realize he had dropped them

(photo: this furry keeping warm and probably wondering what we were doing)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you and you guys are still young, but it gets worse each year!
v

K and S said...

Thanks V :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

haha I was thinking the same thing that anonymous said. hang in there, at least it's not something like fake teeth!

jalna said...

Welcome to the club!

K and S said...

true dat, Rowena :)

Jalna :)

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

That's like so many stories my friends have told me about "Japan life"!

K and S said...

Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat