Friday, January 13, 2023

this and that

New to me bakery area inside Yokohama's Takashimaya called Bakery Square, all sorts of bakeries from Kanagawa Prefecture.

Bluff Bakery, which we've tried before...Dukkah coated curry pan which the bakery calls "Don't you love curry?"...not too spicy, loved that there was a big piece of beef in there too!

Bon Vivant's Manuru Bread...found a version of that Korean cream cheese garlic bread...so good!

The bread itself was soft, the cream cheese had a slight tang from yogurt (I looked at the ingredients) was on the sweeter side and there was lots of garlic & butter! yum!
Carrot cake to share...love this version by Bluff Bakery

I love how you can choose the size of the piece you buy.
Cream puff and eclair from Mickey

Not bad for 250 yen (tax included) each.
Sometimes we walk down to Tamagawa...
Nishikiya Kitchen's Chocolate Beef Curry...bitterness from the chocolate, lots of beef flavor...love!
Made up a "new" pupu combo for us...all kinds of sashimi, takuan, shiso, bubu arare, furikake, a little mayo....serve with nori.
Sweet, salty and spicy minced pork kind of like the topping for tan tan men...on potatoes...found this in the pre-made food area at a supermarket it was so good!
Asakusa Highball...meh, this was really sweet.

What have you been enjoying?

Krazy things going on with Japanese not being able to get visas to get into China for work is apparently retaliation for Japan having strict COVID entry rules for people from China...sigh

And they found 15 cases of the latest variant (XBB.1.5) in Japan last month…

Hoping it doesn’t get too krazy here again…

Have a safe weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lots of yummy looking food. I'm beginning to like salmon nigiri and ikura which I found in Donki. It said the ikura was from Hokkaido and I think it's marinated because it was dark, not that bright orange, and pricey! Wasn't fishy tasting.
I think I saw that highball in couple of your posts so I thought you liked it. Highballs are usually too sweet for me but it's fun to try all the different can drinks in Japan!
v

Rowena said...

I searched right away for a chocolate beef curry recipe because that sounds so interesting!

jenny said...

So many pictures and details! I also loved that you could pick your size of carrot cake slice! All bakeries should do this! And love the new kat poke invention. I love your meals shared...I need to be better balanced in eating like you folks!

K and S said...

Thanks Jenny!

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

Rowena, I think it is like adding mole to your curry :)

Take care.
kat

K and S said...

no this highball was the first time we tried it, V:)

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

Nice photos Kat! That bread looks really good.