Thursday, June 01, 2023

chapagetti

Have you tried chapagetti? It was my first time.

I had thought it was the same dish that I saw in the movie "Parasite", but it is different.

Chapagetti, is an instant noodle dish that resembles jajangmyeon.

Cha comes from chajang which is black bean sauce and pagetti is part of the word spaghetti.

The dish in the movie is apparently chapagetti mixed with neoguri (a spicy ramen) to get chapaguri

Anyway, since Satoshi didn't need dinner on Tuesday, I decided to try chapagetti and add steak for protein.

I thought I might not like this because I don't really care for chinese black bean sauce, but this was delicious.

Not spicy and the flavors were not overpowering.

I don't know that I would have this again, but I'm glad I tried this.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've only had plain instant jajangmyun without meat, and each time I wanted to love it but ended up feeling disappointed I guess by its lack of meatiness. So it's good you had it with meat on your first try. I think instant ramen in general tastes a lot more complete with some kind of meat, even spam, added to it.

K and S said...

Thanks Anon :)

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

I thought that Anon was V at first until I saw "spam". LOL.

Anonymous said...

actually, the ramyun only adds spiciness to the jajamyun which is what I like, plus, you don't have to add the whole packet from the ramyun to adjust the spiciness. I add frozen veggies and meat to mine.
Still, not my favorite, but good once in a while.
v

Anonymous said...

ahaha, Jalna!
v

K and S said...

I didn't know V doesn't like spam :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hmmm.....that's interesting Kat. Not sure if I'd try it.

K and S said...

definitely different Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat