Tuesday, September 26, 2023

hanging at tamanoi sumo stable

One of Satoshi's tour guide friends received an invitation for a party at Tamanoi Sumo Stable and the invitation was for family too.

It was 10,000 yen per person!

I had just received my vaccine, so didn't go.

Satoshi with the stable master, Tamanoi-oyakata (Ozeki Tochiazuma Daisuke)

Azumaryu
TBS announcer
If you know who he is, please tell me...Toshunryu (Satoshi asked his tour guide friend)
Handball player Daisuke Miyasaki
 
If you paid 1000 yen for a raffle ticket you could win these sumo trading cards...I think Satoshi said his friend gave him these because he already had them.

I'm sure it was a good experience, but tell "someone" he shouldn't be going out on Sunday nights...he came home at 1:00-ish.

I had to lock the door because he forgot to and had to make sure he didn't sleep on the toilet...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cute! but kinda scary seeing all those people with no masks and the uptick in COVID.
Still, great experience.
v

K and S said...

True V!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Neat experience Kat! Though it's better to be safe......

jalna said...

Satoshi looks like he had a good time.

K and S said...

Kirk, he said he had a nice time, I wish he masked, but it isn't mandatory anymore...

Jalna, he did :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Saburo said...

BTW this must have been a SUPER COOL event to attend. I didn't realize Tamanoi Beya had any sekitori!

Also: WHO'S THE TBS ANNOUNCER! She looks like the *real* star, haaaaa!