Thursday, September 05, 2024

rabbit hole

Went down a rabbit hole last night.

A guy was talking on social media about Grillo's pickled grapes.

Apparently they were having a pop up in New York and he couldn't make it there because he lived somewhere else, so he decided to make it on his own.

His first attempt he used a sugar brine and they came out too sweet.

His second attempt he used a salt brine and they came out fantastic.

Me, I wanted to try this but couldn't see myself using Japan grapes, as Satoshi said, "mottainai"

so instead I found these American grapes at the convenience store.

After rinsing them, I put one bag's amount into the tomato suzuke marinade that I had in my refridge

And the other bag's amount into the bread and butter pickle marinade that I had in my refridge.

Hope they are tasty.

Have you eaten pickled grapes before? was it more savory or sweet?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never heard of pickled grapes before but I totally agree with Satoshi!
Mottainai!
Can't wait to hear how they come out.
v

jalna said...

Me too . . . what V said . . .

K and S said...

I used American grapes, V,will try them soon, take care, Kat

K and S said...

thanks Jalna, take care, Kat

KirkK said...

Sounds interesting; can't wait to see how they turn out Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk, will update as soon as my experiment is over :) Take care, Kat