Wednesday, December 30, 2009

what I've read in 2009

Just wanted to share with you a list of the books I've read this year. Mostly food related.

Not as many books as I would have liked to finish this year, but still an improvement from years before.

1. Anthony Bourdain, "The Nasty Bits"
2. Laura Esquivel, "Like Water for Chocolate"
3. Gael Greene, "Insatiable"
4. Ayun Halliday, "Dirty Sugar Cookies"
5. Kent Haruf, "Where You Once Belonged"
6. Dalia Jurgenson, "Spiced"
7. Sophie Kinsella, "Shopaholic & Sister"
8. Peter Mayle, "Toujours Provence"
9. Haruki Murakami, "After the Quake"
10. Ruth L. Ozeki, "All Over Creation"
11. Sudi Pigott, "How to be a better Foodie"
12. Michael Pollan, "In Defense of Food"
13. Julie Shigekuni, "A Bridge Between Us"
14. Kim Sunee, "Trail of Crumbs"
15. Kimberly Witherspoon, "Don't Try this at Home"
16. Banana Yoshimoto, "Lizard"

Were there any books that you enjoyed this year?

6 comments:

genkitummy said...

Whoa! That seems like a long list of books to me! Which books would you recommend?

K and S said...

all were good Genki, but my favorite was "Dirty Sugar Cookies" because the author's childhood memories of food reminded me of some of mine.

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

A good list. I read several of these myself. Like Water for Chocolate is a favorite of mine that I am rereading and hosting as part of Cook the Books in Feb/March. ;-)

K and S said...

I also watched the movie of "like water for chocolate" on you tube, Debinhawaii, great story!

Take care.
Kat

Barbara said...

I'm ashamed to say I read very little this year. I shall make more effort this year. A friend has just recommended Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner. I will borrow it from the library.

K and S said...

I hope you get to read and do more this year Barbara :) You deserve all the best!

Take care.
Kat