Sunday, December 06, 2009

it's been looking like christmas

Actually, Umeda (downtown Osaka) has been looking like Christmas for awhile now, maybe since after Halloween...

The Hankyu department store has decorated itself with Gaspard et Lisa characters (French picture book characters).

Hilton Plaza...

Herbis Plaza...

Herbis Ent...has a purple Swarovski tree

Decorated with swarovski crystals...wow!

As well, as this beautiful tree.

The Hilton Osaka Hotel has a huge tree in their entryway.

Doesn't the Breeze-breeze building look like the Leaning Tower of Pisa at this angle? (not that I've ever seen the real one).

I wonder why I took all these photos at the same angles?? hmm...

Is it starting to look like Christmas where you are?

15 comments:

Sara Mari said...

Beautiful christmas photos, thanks for sharing. I love all the different colors of the lights^^

Yep, it's been looking like christmas around here since Thanksgiving haha.

jalna said...

Beautiful decorations! It really looks like Christmas there. I'm not in the spirit yet . . . maybe soon. City Lights go on tonight in town.

Deb in Hawaii said...

Wow! That is one purple glittery tree! ;-)

K and S said...

It sure is Debinhawaii :)

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

Glad it is looking like Christmas Saramari :)

Hope you get in the Christmas mood soon Jalna :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Peony said...

oh yes, over at my home country, the shopping malls and hotels have beautiful decorated chrismas trees.

there is yearly lights-up along Orchard Rd, Sg.

I'd just posted some fotos of the lights-up in Orchard Rd in my blog.

K and S said...

exciting Peony :)

Take care.
Kat

Kim said...

That purple swarovski tree is gorgeous! I live in Florida. It never looks like Christmas here. :( Keep taking these awesome pictures of decorations, and I'll just live vicariously through you. haha!

Anonymous said...

Pretty photos!

It's been looking a lot like Christmas in my neck of the woods, too. ;-)

Have a great week.

Paz

K and S said...

Really Pocky?! In Hawaii, our city hall decorates and a lot of houses do too, even though we don't get "cold" temps like the mainland or Japan, I think we get into a pretty good Christmas mode :)

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

I saw the Rockfeller Center tree on TV, Paz, it looked beautiful!

Take care and have a great week!
Kat

T. Linh said...

it looks amazing.. :)

K and S said...

Thanks TFA :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Christmas is definitely here. Do you guys have a tree in the house? We've never had one in the house, real or fake, as we're always gone for the holidays. Kinda miss the smell of fresh pine!

K and S said...

We don't have one in the house, but we do outside on the lanai Rowena :) not decorated, though when it was smaller we used to bring it indoors to decorate :)

Take care.
Kat

p.s. I usually get my fix of fresh pine by walking past houses getting their pine trees trimmed :)