Sunday, December 13, 2009

s'mores


The last time I tried making s'mores, I used Japanese made graham crackers and marshmallows.

This time at the gourmet supermarket, I found Hawaii made graham crackers (for VERY pretty pennies, very!) and I also bought some mini marshmallows.

I used dark chocolate that I received from my Aunty M1, which she got from Trader Joes.

I put it under the broiler for about 5 minutes and the marshmallows came out nicely browned.

It was messy, the chocolate was oozing out of the "pores" of the cracker, as well as dripping from the sides.

It really hit the spot.

7 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

Messy oozy chocolate = Good! They look yummy.

jalna said...

That chocolate looks wonderful!

Rowena said...

We are on a similiar wavelength....I just picked up a back of Hello Kitty marshmallows, and thought how nice it would be to toast them over a fire at xmas and stick'em with chocolate bars between British digestive biscuits. Will post when we get around to a Hello Kitty roast!

Kim said...

You just killed me with these s'mores. I haven't had any sugar or other carbs for almost 3 weeks now (crash diet before I go on vacation). Eat a few more for me, ok? lol

K and S said...

Thanks Debinhawaii, they were :9

Thanks Jalna :)

Ooh, I've seen that with the digestive biscuits, Rowena, I should have remembered that instead of spending big bucks on the Hawaiian grahams.

Sorry Pocky, will definitely eat a few more for you :) Have fun on vacation!

Take care everyone!
Kat

Barbara said...

I've heard about s'mores but have never tried the. They do look delicious Kat.

K and S said...

Pretty easy to put together Barbara, I hope you get a chance to try them.

Take care.
Kat