Friday, January 27, 2012

mac n cheese

Satoshi went off on business and it was just me for a couple of days, I usually don't cook when he's away, but for some reason I had mac n cheese on my mind and it had to be a creamy cheesy sauce...sigh! so I decided to make mac n cheese for dinner.

noodles:
1 package of macaroni (150 grams)
water

goodies:
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 of an onion, minced
1/2 a carrot diced
1/4 red bell pepper, diced
1 large eringi, diced
3 small slices of bacon, diced
1/2 small can of whole corn, rinsed

cheese sauce:
bechamel sauce (minus the salt, scallions & amount of parmesan, and add the amount of cheese that follows) :
3 slices of red cheddar, 2 small triangles of edam and 3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.

Italian parsley

NOTES: I cooked my pasta 1 minute less than what the package said and drained it after it was cooked.

Then I sauteed the "goodies" in 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and set it aside. And added the whole corn without heating it.

I then made the cheese sauce using the recipe for bechamel sauce (leaving out the salt, scallions & parmesan because I was adding cheese) and added the above amounts of cheese.

When the cheese was melted, I added the "goodies" and pasta and made sure everything was coated nicely with the cheese sauce.

I threw in a good sized handful of chopped Italian parsley and mixed that in as well.

I loved it! it was cheesy and hit the spot.

It's Friday here, I hope you have a great weekend!

11 comments:

KirkK said...

Anything with bacon has got to me good!

K said...

This looks delicious!

There's just something about a mac n' cheese craving that hits out of nowhere!

Japan Australia said...

Looks really good and much better than those instant packet Mac n Cheese. It is such a great comfort food :)

Japan Australia

Rowena said...

Cheese anything sounds like it would hit the spot this weekend. We are predicted to have snow on both days! Wheeeeee!

K and S said...

yeah bacon :) Kirk, except Japan's bacon is more like canadian bacon :(

Thanks K :)

indeed comfort food, J-A!

you are so lucky Rowena, all we got is freeze-A winds.

Take care everyone.
Kat

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Mmmmmm....cream and cheesy...that's the way mac and cheese should be!

K and S said...

definitely Lizzy :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Mmm... that does look cheesy and really good! ;-)

K and S said...

I want to make some more Deb :)

Take care.
Kat

CAB said...

OMG this looks so good! I love mac & cheese but have never tried to make it from scratch. I love the use of goodies, especially the bacon!

K and S said...

Thanks CAB! I hope you like it if you try it.

Take care.
kat