Wednesday, October 11, 2017

monday

Because the hotel we were staying at had a "first come first serve" policy for riding their shuttle, we decided to get to the airport early and have breakfast.

On our way back to Osaka, I was in the right seat at the right time and got a "snowless" Mount Fuji video (click the photo to see it).

By 10:00-ish we were standing in this krazy line to see the Hokusai exhibit at the Abeno Harukas Museum.

People cutting in line for tickets and unreal shoving inside to see the different works, put a damper on my enthusiasm.

I tried patiently to see as many works as I could, but gave up towards the end of the exhibit and instead waited for Satoshi to exit the exhibit.

At 1:00-ish we went up 300 meters (984 feet) to the top of Abeno Harukas (which I think is the tallest building in Japan at the moment)

definitely not for those afraid of heights...

Lunch was late but delicious at Piccolo Curry.

This was their special beef and regular beef curries over rice topped with a scrambled egg.

Dessert was a matcha soft serve made with green tea from the Minami Yamashiro area of Kyoto at Hankyu Umeda Department store.

It was whirlwind 3-day weekend, even though it was quite summery, I'm glad we got to do all that we did.

Piccolo Curry
Abeno Harukas Dining 12F
Tennoji, Osaka
Phone: 06.6654.6063
Hours: 11:00-23:00
Open when Abeno Harukas is

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Mt. Fuji video was neat; I've never seen an image of a snowless Fuji-san before and thought it looked very solemn and alien. Special exhibits at Japanese museums are a zoo, I know. It really detracts from your enjoyment, but I guess people are used to it. As for me, I couldn't wait to get out and gave up too.

K and S said...

Thanks Anon, I agree a snowless Fuji-san is something not usually seen! Special exhibits, festivals, even famous autumn foliage/sakura spots...anywhere where there are tons of people are places I try to avoid.

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

cutting lines and shoving...geez, some people....but I'm glad you both had a great weekend!

K and S said...

I wish they would have these crowd events more down to a science Rowena, staggering entries to view the works would've definitely been better in my opinion.

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Your food pictures made me hungry and the high-up photo made me gasp . . . hahahahaha. I didn't think people in Japan cut in line, although I have experienced tourists there cutting. I have a mean streak when it comes to people who do that, and I have tapped them on the shoulder and pointed to the back of the line.

K and S said...

the only time in Japan that I tap people on the shoulder to get in the back of the line Jalna, is when I am waiting for a toilet to open up...lol

Take care!
Kat

jalna said...

Hahahahaha!! Don't blame you!

K and S said...

lol Jalna :)

Take care.
Kat