Friday, October 13, 2017

parking meter

The other day while walking in Osaka, I noticed several cars parked on the street.

We don't have a car so I really don't know how street parking works here, but I think you purchase a ticket from this machine...

The tickets are printed with the time that it will expire.

Then stick the ticket on the inside of your window.

I'm not sure if the ticket already has the sticky thing on it so that it can be stuck on your window, or if you have to have your own "stickers".

Anyway, I thought it was neat that you don't need to feed individual meters.

I don't know about you but sometimes in the US, I get confused as to which meter is the one that I need to feed.

Do you have parking meters similar to the ones in Japan?

8 comments:

sunnyellow said...

They use this method in Seattle. I seem to recall something similar in Pasadena, CA, but it's been several years so I don't remember clearly. And of course, in Honolulu, you insert coins in meters for individual stalls; some meters accept credit cards. You used to be able to add money/time via an app, but they may have discontinued that to discourage parking longer than the allowed time limit.

Anonymous said...

They use this method on the UH campus, some private lots, and (I believe) the Zoo lot. I have seen them in use in Chicago as well but in both locations you leave the ticket on the dashboard.

- Alan

K and S said...

Thanks Sunnyellow, for all the different types of parking :)

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

You are right I saw it at the HNL zoo Alan, thanks for reminding me :)

Take care!
Kat

jalna said...

Very cool!! But new ways of doing things always make me flustered and my brain conks out.

K and S said...

sometimes me too Jalna!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

We have these type of parking machines and some public street parking places and in many pay lots here Kat.

K and S said...

That is good to know Kirk :)

Take care!
Kat