Friday, November 02, 2018

ippe koppe

Satoshi has been wanting to try Ippe Koppe for some time now, he said that while I was in Hawaii over the summer, he would always see this line in front of the shop, but never had enough time to wait for a seat.

On top of that, I needed to get my physical done, so I asked him to wait until that was over.

We got there 15 minutes before opening time and we still had to wait 1 hour for a seat because they only have 1 counter with about 10 seats.

Apparently Ippe Koppe means "a lot" in Kagoshima dialect...and boy, are their portions huge!

This was my pork loin curry...1000 yen (tax included).

Perfectly cooked and the curry is spicy.

There was so much of everything that I ended up giving quite a bit to Satoshi.

This was Satoshi's pork filet...1500 yen (tax included).

I tried a piece and this was also cooked perfectly, so tender and moist.

Next door is their sister shop, Aoki and they serve tonkatsu only...you know who wants to try that one too, right?!

We'll be back.

Ippe Koppe
5-43-7 Kamata
Ota, Tokyo
Phone: n/a
Closed Wednesdays
Lunch 11:00-15:00, Dinner 17:00-21:00

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

my cousin would go nuts to eat these! Looks so ono!
do they serve unlimited cabbage, rice and miso soup?
v

KirkK said...

Man; that looks good Kat!

K and S said...

they do not serve miso soup and no seconds on cabbage, V.

it was Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

I know I wouldn't be able to wait another hour, but I'm guessing that they don't do take out (phone-in) orders.

jalna said...

Looks good! I guess waiting in line is just par for the course over there. But when you're with a couple of HANGRY sisters who are also tired from looking for a short line, it makes for a not too pleasant situation. Just sayin'.

K and S said...

nope Rowena, I think they are way too busy to be answering the phone.

I know what you mean Jalna, if I was hangry, I definitely would not be able to wait.

Take care you two.
Kat