Saturday, October 26, 2019

campagne loaf

Yesterday it rained all.day.long...I was worried for the people affected by the flooding recently, hoping they won't have any more damage.

So sad, in some areas the water hasn't receded for over a week! some areas still don't have electricity or water...

Since it was raining (and super windy) I stayed indoors and decided to bake.

I tried making rolls with some everything seasoning on top.

Problem is that when I was getting the ingredients together, I ran out of flour (and butter)...

So I adlibbed...

Adding mochiko (rice flour) for the amount of flour I was short and olive oil for the butter.

After both proofings, the dough was sticky and hard to manage.

Since the dough was too hard to handle, I just baked it off as a "loaf".

The middle was thicker, so I think it was kind of "raw", when I cut it open.

Also, most of the seasoning looked like it burnt on top...boo!

So happy for the internet (love technology!) it told me what to do for undercooked bread...

I baked the pieces for about 10 more minutes.

It was a little dense but the crust was good!

Gonna restock on supplies after the rain stops, so I try making bread again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

still looks good. I like dense bread! Like how bagels used to be?
the burnt topping must have been a little bitter.
v

K and S said...

V, yeah it was a little bitter, I think the next time, I will try to mix the seasoning into the dough.

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

rainy day baking, oh yes! sorry to hear about the areas with no water or power though. I hope the bad weather conditions pass soon...just awful for those folks.

K and S said...

AND they got hit again with rain, Rowena! so so sad.

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Uuuuuu, I like dense chewy breads. Yours looked good!

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna!

Take care!
Kat