Sunday, October 27, 2019

foodie saturday

Yesterday I went to check out the farmers market at the United Nations University.

I bought organic beets and carrots (love that both had the greens attached!)

Red cabbage and grapes.

So easy to overbuy!

They were also having a chocolate festival...so I picked up this dark chocolate blend by Ushio Chocolatl, which I've been wanting to try.

They are a bean to bar maker from Onomichi, Hiroshima.

Lunch was at a bakery I stumbled upon last week, Pain au Sourire.

I had their petit trio...pumpkin croquette, tuna walnut and sweet bean paste butter...delicious!

It was so warm that I had an iced coffee with lunch.

When I got home, I roasted the beets and carrots.

The greens I wilted in a non-stick pan.

I'll be back to shop at the farmers market & eat at the bakery!

Farmers Market at United Nations University
held every Saturday & Sunday
10:00-16:00

Pain au Sourire (2023: moved to another location)
1-4-6 Shibuya
Shibuya, Tokyo
Phone: 03.3406.3636
Closed Sunday, Monday
Hours: 8:00-20:00

1 comment:

KirkK said...

It's always so easy to buy more than you can use at those type of markets.