Monday, October 21, 2019

foodie saturday

Saturday I went to check out the Coffee Festival being held at the United Nations University.

I am not too sure but think there were about 15 vendors there.

Most were from around Tokyo and parts of Japan, there were also some from Oregon.

You could buy a mini mug and tokens to taste different coffees.

Instead, I bought a cup of coffee by Oregon's Prince Coffee and a plain doughnut from Higuma Doughnuts.

I've been wanting to check out Higuma Doughnuts and this was a good way.

The plain doughnut wasn't sweet and delicious with the cup of coffee.

In another area was a farmers market, I look forward to coming back to buy veggies here.

Lunch was at Koe Lobby which I've previously written about here.

This time around I tried the daily salad and daily bread.

The salad was filled with slices of figs, apples, sweet potato and roasted turnips....loved the fruits with the proscuitto!

The breads were good too, all were heated or toasted. My favorites were the walnut and fig breads.

After lunch, I walked around and checked out Shibuya Stream.

This building has many eateries.

Since it was slightly humid, I stopped in to Lemonade by Lemonica and had their lemonade soda.

So refreshing!

Points if you can find me in the photo...

After Satoshi's German class, we met at JR Shinbashi to go towards Ibaraki.

We stayed at an area called Tennodai (which is in Chiba) and had dinner at a Chinese restaurant called Taizanippin.

Their menu is quite extensive.

We tried their pork with egg and veggies, chicken with black vinegar (sweet sour) and egg fried rice....everything was good!

The gyoza snob (Satoshi) says that their gyoza was good!

It was a nice start to our weekend adventure...

Lemonade by Lemonica
Shibuya Stream 1F
Shibuya, Tokyo
Phone: 03.6427.3588
Hours: 8:00-21:00

Taizanippin
1-10-8 Shibasakidai
Abiko, Chiba
Phone: 04.7128.6115

Hotel Mark-1
1-9-14 Shibasakidai
Abiko, Chiba
Phone: 04.7186.1717

6 comments:

Rowena said...

I wish I could "handle" coffee like I used to buy it affects my hypertension too much. It's either decaf or just an espresso shot every now and then.

jalna said...

I found you!! Very, very cool photo!!

Anonymous said...

I've looked at the picture of the donut many times and can't figure it out. Is it a donut with a handle? Part of it looks smooth like a bagel and the back looks more like a plain donut
v

K and S said...

Ah Rowena, I'm glad you can still have decaf :)

Thanks Jalna :)

no handle, V, it was really smooth and it was a plain donut, no sugar coating :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

KirkK said...

Wow, gyoza that Satoshi liked! That's one for the books Kat!

K and S said...

I agree Kirk :)

Take care!
Kat