Wednesday, October 02, 2019

shopping

Just a heads up for those of you who come to Japan to shop.

At the 100 yen stores, food items are 8%..."things" are 10%.

When I went to the 100 yen store today, I bought some spacers for my shoe cabinet...these were 10% tax.

I also bought some ume candy...these were 8% tax.

Also, if you use your credit card at the convenience store, there is a little "discount" (I think 2%) off your bill.

Not sure how long this discount will be given though.

Just somethings to keep in mind when you shop here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if those tax free counters upped their refunds to 10%. Might all be moot because they just announced a strike vote for HA for 11/20. Day before I leave. I wonder if they do strike, how long it would take to actually walk off the job or worse yet, (not really!:)) stuck in Japan. ahhh, too far away to really worry now.
V

K and S said...

V, wow strike?! keep me posted. If you get stuck in Japan, you can always camp out with us...

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

Wow, 10%.....we're are %7.75 here in San Diego.

jalna said...

V going back? Jealous. Didn't know about HA strike too.

K and S said...

That is quite high Kirk!

Hope you can come back to Japan too Jalna!

Take care you two.
Kat