Tuesday, October 01, 2019

made it

Oh em gee...after my brother dropped me off at the airport, it took me an hour to check-in then go through security...

The time on my boarding pass said 15:20 and it was 15:15 when I got out of security...panic!

When I arrived at the gate they mentioned that the gate had changed..so while we all were freaking out, it turned out that we were at the right gate but they would be boarding us later than 15:20...WT?

It was my first time flying on Hawaiian (HA) who was code sharing with Japan Airlines (JAL) (I usually fly JAL).

The seats were definitely smaller than JAL.

Our flight ended up leaving 30 minutes late...

Here and there we had turbulence..blah!

Dinner was a choice of teriyaki meatballs or some kind of pork.

The highlight was a chocolate coconut ice cream by Samurai...except it was hard.as.rock....everyone, including me, catapulted spoonfuls here and there as we tried to scrape some ice cream with our spoons.

I watched one movie "Little" which reminded me of the movie "13 going on 30".

I also watched episodes of Season 2 of "Family Ingredients".

How was this "rainbow" that I spotted in the plane?!

After arriving Tokyo, our bags took forever to come out on the carousel.

By the time we got home it was 22:00 (3:00 Hawaii time!)

And since my furry niece had trained me to wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning...I was up at 3:30 Japan time...

Today is the start of 10% sales tax. There are some items that will still be 8%, but I need to find out what they are.

The weather is still summery here, I am thankful we have a/c in our apartment.

Lots to clean and clear, plus I went to rehab, this time for my shoulder.

Bento making for Satoshi to start tomorrow.

Hoping my jet lag won't be too hard to shake.

Have a nice week.

9 comments:

jalna said...

I bet Satoshi is REAL happy!

KirkK said...

At least you made it home safely Kat! Must feel good to be home.

jenny said...

Sorry to hear about all the troubles you went through to get home! The rainbow lights are so pretty, hope your shoulder feels better!

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you thought the seats were smaller on HA vs. JAL. I felt like I had to slide in one hip first to sit in JAL seats, but maybe that was the upstairs section that I like because seems like less people on the plane.
Hope you do ok with the jet lag. Bummer you have to jump right back into "life" without a couple days of vacation:)
v

K said...

Hope your jet lag wears off quickly!

K and S said...

I hope so Jalna!

Grateful to be able to do all of this Kirk.

Thanks Jenny, gotta "work" the bugger out...lol

V, no more upstairs on JAL anymore and they recently upgraded all the economy seats to wider types.

Thanks K, I hope so too :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

Rowena said...

an hour to check in? what was the hold up? is there still no self check-in kiosks at HNL yet?! yikes!

Alan said...

Hi Kat: I guess you are happy to get back home into your own apt. I know I am when I have been traveling for a while. I hate rushes at airports, that is why I am 2 hours early for domestic flights and 3 hours early for international flights. Hope you are recovering from you hectic visit back to Honolulu.

K and S said...

They did have some self check-in kiosks at HA, Rowena, but I didn't think I could use them since I originally booked with JAL.

I was 2 hours early for my flight, Alan, but I still barely made the boarding time on the ticket...

Take care you two!
Kat