Monday, October 07, 2019

devil craft & some good news

Saturday, I met up with a friend from Hawaii, Kurt.

He actually lives in Tokyo, and we've met up before.

I thought I wrote about it, but guess I didn't.

Anyway, this time around, we met up at Devil Craft, a craft beer and pizza shop in Jiyugaoka.

We ordered the chili fries (with jalapenos)...I had envisioned "stick" type of fries, these were waffle cut.

The chili had a nice kick...Kurt ate the jalapenos...

I ordered Devil Craft's Berry Bang Bang which was super fruity, a little sour...I enjoyed this.

I also thought it was cool that they filled the glass "above" the 200 mililiter line!

Devil Craft is also known for their Chicago-style pizzas...this one was the Devil Works...a deep dish with all sorts of toppings.

This had lots of tomatoes, olives, spinach and Italian sausage...delicious.

I also tried the Graham Cracker Porter by Denver Beer.

This was super chocolatey...love!

They have several locations with different items on tap, I wouldn't mind trying other beers...Thanks for meeting up Kurt!

As for some good news...the scaffolding has come off "that condo"...

And from the very far end of our lanai...we could see Mount Fuji!

Not a full view like we had before, but better than nothing!

It was kind of eerie seeing someone on the lanai on "that condo"...probably looking at Mount Fuji too.

Mount Fuji doesn't have any snow on the peak...yet...

Hopefully the weather will cool down soon!

Have a good week!

Devil Craft
2-12-18 Jiyugaoka
Meguro, Tokyo
Phone: 03.5726.9072
Closed Mondays-Tuesdays
Hours: Wednesdays-Fridays 17:00-19:00 (Happy Hour), 20:00-22:30
Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays 14:00-17:00 (Happy Hour), 18:00-22:30

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

deep dish pizza! looks so ymmuy! I've just been baking digiornno lately and adding mushrooms, bell peppers etc. to their pepporoni because their topping is so scarce.
so good news about Fujisan!
v

K said...

Yum, that pizza looks good!

K and S said...

The pizza was good V! we should go when you come to Japan!

it was K!

Take care you two.
Kat

jalna said...

I see it!!! 🗻

K and S said...

Jalna, we are happy :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

I thought Devil Craft looked like a Flanders Red; but it's a Berliner Weiss...a nice sour

K and S said...

Kirk I think on their menu it said Florida Weiss :)

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

I probably have way more beer glasses than I need, but I would definitely wanna add that Devil Craft glass.

K and S said...

Rowena, you need different glasses for different types of beer :)

Take care!
Kat