Monday, February 15, 2021

back to gakugeidaigaku area

My host mom's birthday is coming up so I went back to Patisserie Sourire to send her something sweet.
It had been about 3 months since the last time I was in this area.

With Valentine's coming up, they were also selling chocolates so I purchased this salted caramel tablette for myself.

I love that it comes in a mold, will wash it and try to use it again.

The chocolate was not very dark but matched the salted caramel, there were also some cashew pieces as well as some dried mango.

Before heading home, I picked up some lunch from Stand Banh Mi.

There is a little pun with the pronunciation of the name.

In Japanese banh mi is pronounced "bai-n-me"

So "Stand Banh Mi" sounds more like "Stand By Me"...

Anyway...

I tried their Bo Bun.

They only serve 10 of these a day.

Loved this! lots of cilantro and mint, lime to brighten the flavors and a sprinkle of peanuts.

The meat was a disappointment though, lots of gristle and very very hard...

But the cha gio (spring rolls) had lots of shrimp in it.

Everything was packed nicely and there was more than enough nuoc-cham.

I hope to try other items from their menu...I'll be back when I am in this area again.

Stand Banh Mi
2-16-23 Takaban
Meguro, Tokyo
Phone: 03.6451.0827
Closed Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays
Hours: 11:00-15:00 (lunch), 17:00-20:00 (dinner) 

2 comments:

KirkK said...

Decent looking Bo Bun Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk, hope to try more items when this pandemic is over!

Take care.
Kat