Monday, February 08, 2021

yesterday

Yesterday was super sunny and a little warm.

Who would have thought my trip around the sun would have been like so many others...krazy!

I am thankful to be able to celebrate it though...

And if I thought previous birthdays were low key, this year was even more low key...

We had beer, burgers & o-banzai from Kakumei for lunch.

Backstory: I had seen Kakumei's owner's S.O.S. on social media, he had purchased too many cans of a craft beer and needed help...since we ordered takeout, we had wanted to help out and buy some of the craft beer but they said that we couldn't buy it with our takeout...WT?! bummer! 

So...after picking up our lunch, we stopped in to a liquor store to buy some beer...

Facetimed with family in Hawaii.

And had a pupu party for dinner.

Since I received so many treats for my birthday, I decided not to buy cake to celebrate.

Hoping Japan can start vaccinating soon and that maybe we can travel a little later in the year.

Thank you for always being a part of my adventures.

8 comments:

jalna said...

Belated Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Know what you mean about birthdays these past few months seeming like an ordinary day.
I really like that idea of the obanzai along with the hamburgers since I'm not too much of a french fry person, more so when it gets all soggy by the time you get home!
v

Anonymous said...

Hau oli La Hanau !
Bonny ogg

KirkK said...

The vaccination station I've been supporting has just finished over 100k of vaccinations last week Kat. This first of it's kind here. Hope we can keep up the momentum.

K and S said...

Thank you Jalna, V, Bonny :)

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

That is amazing Kirk!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

happy belated Kat! you know, there must be some point in our later years where adding another candle just isn't that big a deal anymore...

case in point, on the 4th of this month was my father-in-law's birthday and moth took off from work so we could go visit. well, upon our arrival, he wondered why we were there, when it was a work day. I can't blame him though at turning 91 years!

K and S said...

wow 91! sending your FIL virtual hugs Rowena!

Take care.
Kat