Wednesday, February 17, 2021

this and that

Sunday, with 3 blood oranges I made a small batch of marmalade.

After taking this picture, I put it back in the pot to cook down, since I thought it still had too much liquid.

Monday, it rained all day long.

We had some marmalade on toasted baguette with some butter.

Satoshi thought it was carrots...ha!

Monday dinner was marmalade chicken...this sauce was so easy and tasty!

From the Kewpie website: serves 2

2 tablespoons of marmalade

1 tablespoon of shoyu 

1 tablespoon of sake 

300 gram piece of chicken

Some olive oil

Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces

Heat the oil and cook the chicken.

After the chicken is cooked, pour the sauce over the chicken and let it caramelize a little.

NOTES: I used boneless chicken thigh, cut it up and cooked it skin side down to crisp.

Then before adding the sauce, I wiped up the oil from the chicken.

I'd definitely make this again.

Back up to Monday afternoon, the rain stopped and I got to see a pretty big rainbow.
And then back up to Valentine's Day...Satoshi had to work.

I gave him these Italian chocolate hearts that I found at Flying Tiger, a knick-knack shop from Copenhagen that has shops all around Japan.

Whenever he works on Sundays, it throws me off and I get confused as to what day is what.

He's also been off on Wednesdays so that throws me off too...

Oh well...hope your week is going well.

8 comments:

jalna said...

So cute your chocolates!! ❤️

Rowena said...

too bad his days can't be a set schedule, but I guess that's the way it is in the tourism industry. hope you guys will get to enjoy cherry blossom season though.

Anonymous said...

hmmm, I think I'll try that marmalade chicken and make a sando with those baguettes. Yummmm
v

K and S said...

Hope you like this V.

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

Yeah Rowena, and I’m glad he doesn’t work the krazy late hours these days.

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

Aw thanks Jalna:)

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

At first glance I thought that marmalade was a cocktail Kat! Shows you what's on my mind, huh?

K and S said...

lol Kirk:)

Take care!
Kat