Thursday, February 11, 2021

department stores

Monday, I went to get my teeth cleaned and checked.

Before my appointment though, I went to check out the nearby department store.

It had been about 6 months since the last time I was in this area, and there were some noticeable changes.

Especially this...one way into the store (on the left) and one way out (on the right).

There are temperature checking machines as well as alcohol hand sanitizers as you enter.

Also, instead of having escalators pass each other (up and down), they only have one side working for up and another escalator in a different part of the store for down.

Tokyo's numbers have come down quite a bit, but we still need to get the amount of hospitalizations down.

As for the dentist, I didn't have any cavities, BUT I have some fillings that need to be changed, so will need to go back a couple more times.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't you think the dentist tells you that your fillings need to be replaced because he need to make money? LOL My dentist told me that too about a year ago but because of COVID, wasn't able to reschedule. Then when I went for a regular cleaning once he opened again, nothing was said about re-doing my fillings. What?!?!?!
Some stores were doing that separate entrance/exit (Walmart, for one) that was so inconvenient because had to go around the block once you got outside.
v

K and S said...

V, apparently the fillings were turning black which means they have mercury in them?! anyway, was pretty cheap to change it, only $10 with our insurance.

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

you guys getting any of the new variants over there? I haven't seen mention of any serious outbreak over here, unlike the states!

jalna said...

Ho, the gals in front of you were wearing heavy coats . . . my favorite time of the year to be in Japan. Waaaaahhhhh!!

K and S said...

yes we have the variants here Rowena, so far 1 from South Africa and 79 from UK...hoping it won’t increase.

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

I love winter Jalna because you can wear lots of clothes, in summer there is only so much you can take off..

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

Good processes in place Kat!

K and S said...

Hope so Kirk!

Take care.
Kat