Monday, February 01, 2021

benny super

About a 10 minute walk from where we live is Benny Super.

Like Sankei, it doesn't have many shelves and everything is mostly kept in boxes, so you need to look at everything, BUT it is less crowded.

I like that the meat area has freshly cut meats though the fish area was mostly frozen stuff.

The fruits and veggies are mostly from around Japan...this was where I found the pretty watermelon radish.

How is their point card, pretty old skool, yeah?!

Will definitely be shopping here when I need to get some groceries.
 

8 comments:

jalna said...

❤️❤️❤️

K and S said...

Jalna, yeah:)

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

waaaa, more things about Japan that I miss!
v

K and S said...

next year you can travel V!

Take care:)
Kat

KirkK said...

Wow, point cards! Haven't seen one of those in years!

Rowena said...

how does their point card work? a stamp for every so much yen? at our fave Esselunga, we get 2 points for every 90 eurocents. I gotta get a new washing machine (they partner with Samsung), so I figure that the model I'm looking at will get me a ton of points with a 459€ price tag.

K and S said...

Kirk, most point cards here are actually cards, so this was really old skool.

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

Rowena, for every 500 yen spent, you get one stamp, they also have 2x stamp days, where you would get double the amount of stamps for every 500 yen spent. When I fill up the card, I can use it to get 500 yen off groceries. Excited that you will receive all those points after you get a new washer:)

Take care!
Kat