Wednesday, October 13, 2021

terrace dolce

We checked out a kissaten (coffee shop) in our shopping arcade, Terrace Dolce that has been around for 40 something years.
I had their napolitan...I enjoyed the fact that it wasn't sweet like some napolitan can be from the ketchup.
Satoshi had their hamburger plate.

The soup they served with both our meals was so junk...wakame in consomme soup does not match...

The coffee is brewed by siphon method...pretty cool to watch.
 

 There are other items on their menu that we want to try and it was nice to listen to jazz while dining...we'll be back.

Terrace Dolce
7-64-2 Nishikamata
Ota, Tokyo
Phone: 03.3739.4840
Open daily 10:00-20:00

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you too young to remember percolators? Too bad there were metal so couldn't watch it brew but I do remember the little glass knob in the cover so could see the coffee bubbling up and hitting the knob.
v

K and S said...

V, my parents used to brew their coffee with a percolator.

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

LOL, I remember percolators very well.

jenny said...

Super cool coffee brewing method! And I love the jazz and atmosphere of this cafe...bummer about the soup though! Doesn't match the food!

K and S said...

Jalna, if I remember correctly it made bitter coffee.

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

Jenny “you know who” drank their soup?! ha!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Looks good Kat! I bet Satoshi didn't let the soup go to waste.....am I right? ;O)

K and S said...

you know he did Kirk!

Take care:)
Kat