Friday, October 15, 2021

this and that

Saw some figs at the market, pretty sure these are the end of the season.

I put them on top of toast with cream cheese and some proscuitto...delicious!

If I had some honey I would've drizzled a little on there too.

Love social media for all the info!

One of my IG friends who also lives nearby posted about visiting a bakery, Pan to Espresso to (literally bread & espresso &)

This bakery's main shop is near Omotesando and when we lived in Osaka I got to try one of their franchise shops there.

They now have about 12 around Japan and I think 1 overseas.

Anyway, since Satoshi was going out on an errand and would eat lunch out, I went to check out this bakery.

I picked up their chili dog and carrot cake.

The chili dog was a hot dog topped with lots of tabasco, pickles, beans and cheese...mouth.on.fire....but meh! not what I was expecting for "chili"

Their carrot cake was delicious. The cream cheese frosting tasted more like it had more yogurt than cream cheese in it which would probably explain why it was so soft.

I am glad I got to try these.

Tokyo people...this guy "sped" past me...

 As we crossed the Nomigawa, I saw what I thought was a fish coming up stream.

When it got closer though, I realized it was a rat!

It then, stopped to rest and was hanging onto the wall for dear life…eek!

Even though he saw it, Satoshi couldn't believe that rats can swim...

Tokyo's daily cases have dropped to 2-digits.  

Unfortunately, deaths in Tokyo have been around 20 a day.

A lot of prefectures around Japan have had 0 cases daily.

So far we have had about 5 waves of this virus and the experts warn that number 6 will happen, probably during the winter months.

Hopefully the government will prepare accordingly so we won't push the medical services to the extremes again. 

I hope everyone is doing well.

Have a safe weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't those guys in the electric wheelchairs bug you? They think they have the right of way and don't even have the courtesy to say "excuse me" as they almost run you over.
Cute rat.
v

K and S said...

V, Sometimes so scary because they aren’t afraid of cars!

Take care
Kat

Saburo said...

The low numbers in Japan and Tokyo in particular are astonishing. I mean, vaccines work I guess? Someone in the office thought it might be because of fewer tests again. I guess the hospitals are OK, just like Hawaii. Numbers down a lot in the last couple weeks here but plenny more deaths.

Oh yeah: Week #3 back in Waiks. Still getting back into that work lifestyle. No more three-hour walks and ramen every other day for lunch. Year End prolly kaput but let's hope for tourism to make a fabulous comeback in the spring.

K and S said...

Glad you are back to work Saburo:)

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

They should have a sidewalk speed limit Kat! ;o)

K and S said...

Agree Kirk:)

Take care!
Kat