Monday, October 04, 2021

this and that

Had some photos that I haven't posted about, so I am doing another this and that post....

We tried the latest frappuccino...yakiimo (roasted sweet potato)…

I sent Satoshi to Starbucks with a note as to how to order it.

I think it is a caramel based frappuccino with yakiimo paste, bits of yakiimo and crunchy sweet potato chips on top.

I also had him add a shot of espresso which helped cut the sweetness of the drink.

I'm glad we got to try this…thanks Satoshi!

Tokyo people...the guys who maintain the train tracks.
Sumo wrestlers in our neighborhood.
Dunno what happened but there was a fire truck near the social service center.

Found these French chocolate biscuits at Kaldi...the biscuit is more like a cracker with some chocolate in between.

It could have been more chocolatey.

Thought the biscuits were cute...each biscuit has a different country on it.

The flip sides were also different, glad we got to try these!

Had to Mcgyver Satoshi's watch band.

Youtube had lots of how-to material....my "helper" pounded my fingers a couple of times too...ow!

In the end we were able to make the band shorter.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time Satoshi has made coffee with it spilling over.

Once he filled the filter up to the top and the filter toppled over...coffee grains and coffee running down the front of the counter onto the floor!

This shot was of him not checking how much coffee was already in his cup, adding more hot water and having it overflow…

Never a dull moment yeah?!…sigh

Have a good week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is it about men? Seems like we were brainwashed growing up that mechanical things were "boy" stuff but seriously, in all the offices I've worked, very few men could figure out how to do anything, even plunging the kitchen sink! Or maybe it's a lazy ploy to get someone else to do it.
And at home, don't get me started about working dvd players/recorders, computers, even smartphones!
I've wanting to drink a frappucino but when I think of the sugar....Coffee Bean and Tea has a mint chocolate one that I might give in to.
v

Rowena said...

^-^.....with the hubbies it's never a dull moment, but I do love how he went to get that yummy frappuccino for you!

K and S said...

I agree Rowena:)

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

ooh mint chocolate sounds ono V!

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

I'd be afraid if the Missus broke out a hammer to fix my watch Kat! Nice job BTW.

K and S said...

ha Kirk, thank goodness it was one of those rubber hammers:)

Take care!
Kat