Tuesday, March 01, 2022

pupu potato salad

Stumbled on this combo at the bento shop recently.

They not only sell bento but also pre-made foods and this was in that area…it was so delicious that I had to try recreating it…ajitama, yakibuta (roast pork) and potato salad

I was interested in looking for roast pork & ajitama made together so the flavors would be same and found some at the market the other day.

I cut off the fat from the roast pork and cut it into bite sized pieces.

The ajitama I cut in half then folded everything into the potato salad.

The original potato salad didn’t have veggies in it, but this version works.

If the roast pork or ajitama had a little “sauce” it would have melded better when I mixed it with the potato salad.

Still, this was delicious.

Not really a recipe, but I would definitely make this again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great idea! looks so ono.

I had bought salmon soba salad from Feast in Manoa. Then, I thought, so simple I could easily make this too so I cooked some soba and got a bag of mesclun mix and grilled some salmon I had in the freezer. I just used ponzu dressing. Feels so healthy and light compared to loco moco, or heavy, greasy lunch wagon type food I usually eat. Then when I run out of salmon, Tofu!
v

K and S said...

haven’t had soba salad in awhile V, would be good for summer:)

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

do you think kakuni and its sauce would work? Cuz, can also make the ajitama in the sauce too.
v

KirkK said...

Looks quite good Kat!

K and S said...

I think it would be delicious with kakuni V!

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat

jalna said...

Whoa, looks so good. And I like V's too.

K and S said...

Jalna, V’s version sounds ono!

Take care:)
Kat